罗伯特J. 路德维希 – 1918-2011 | FIRST EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF 永利娱场城app
The New York State Association of Foreign Language Teachers was founded in 1917. Its purpose was, ,仍, to serve the needs of the profession dedicated to the development of second language skills and cultural awareness among students. The creation of 永利娱场城app marked an important step in enabling schools to give their students an informed and sensitive global perspective in an era of international turmoil.
Since that time the same spirit has motivated foreign language teachers and served as the basic inspiration for this vibrant organization.
Each year the Association offers its members:
- A network of communication with colleagues throughout the state.
- Opportunities for professional growth through conferences and workshops regionally and statewide.
- A direct link with the State Education Department.
- An advocate’s voice among the members of the Board of Regents and the state’s legislators.
- Various support services designed to enrich teachers’ professional lives.